Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by Helping Hands, Loving Memories. The idea of this is pretty simple: make some stuff for charity. Ideas like this are all over the web, we know. In Helping Hands, Loving Memories, however, the idea is to create, and donate, in honor of someone. They can be living or deceased, you can know them personally or not. Here are the rules:

1. Choose an item (or two or three), and decide how many to pledge to make during 2006.

2. Leave a comment here if you'd like to join. We'll ask you what you'll be making, how many, and in whom they are in honor of.

3. Keep us updated. We're interested in hearing how it's coming, and pictures make it that much more interesting!

4. Have fun with it. If all of a sudden it's December 28 and you've still got 34 pairs of baby booties to finish, don't worry. It's not the end of the world. ;)

5. Keep count of what you make. At the end of the year, we'll be tallying up how many items we donated to charity in honor of others.

6. This blog is for Helping Hands, Loving Memories only. If you're just dying to tell someone about the date you had last night, or your adorable new beagle puppy, take it somewhere else, okay?

That's it! Thanks for checking us out, and have fun!

3 comments:

Lex said...

This is such a great idea. I really want to make some things in memory of my father, who passed away last year due to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). I will have to give some thought to what I should make. He was a very giving and caring person, so it seems appropriate to give in his honor.

Whatever I make doesn't have to have anything to do with ALS. Any project ideas? I'll be thinking about it...

Thanks!!

Lex said...

Well, that took me a long time to figure out. LOL! I just called up the local hospital's volunteer center and inquired about the "Knit Wits," who sell handmade items to benefit the hospital. They're sending me an application to be part of the group. What a nice thing to do--I hope it pans out.

Please add me to the group. Even if I don't wind up being a "Knit Wit," I'll be making things for charity somehow.

vicki said...

i hope that you were able to do this i have sadly neglected this blog as i have had family i had to care for but am working on it now i hope that you come and tell us how you are doing hugs